Woman taken to hospital with possible carbon monoxide poisoning

13:38 22 January 2013

Archant

Fire crews were called to the property in Barnstaple to investigate for signs of a gas leak.

A WOMAN has been taken to hospital today (Tues) with signs of possible carbon monoxide exposure in Barnstaple.

Two fire engines were called to the scene in Richmond Street at 10.50am by ambulance personnel.

On arrival, crews used two breathing apparatus and a gas detector to investigate but found no readings of carbon monoxide in the property.

The woman was taken to North Devon District Hospital.

0 comments

Other News Stories

11 minutes ago
Independants Matt Booth,David Barratt,John Dyson,Dawn Manley,Tony Cox,Cathy Gardner and Marianne Rixson. Ref shs 3689-09-15TI. Picture: Terry Ife

Standing up for the valley, safeguarding the town’s hospital and voting against the development of Knowle are among the elements of a Sidmouth charter drawn up by seven district council hopefuls.

Read more
46 minutes ago

Officers looking for information about incident between Tuesday and Sunday last week.

Read more
09:31
The Hoops Inn on the A39.

Police found car on its roof on A39 near Bideford and driver over the drink drive limit.

Read more
Brian and his mum Jean

‘Scumbag’ burglars have ransacked the home of a cancer victim just two days after he died, stealing valuables left to the charity who cared for him in his final days.

Read more
logo

A Marks & Spencer food hall is coming to Exmouth - and retail bosses want to build it on the ageing bus depot.

Read more
08:47
Pay and Display sign

Councillor wants to see pay-on-exit car parking rolled out to town centre car park.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 6°C

min temp: 1°C

Most Read News

Family Notices 24


Devon's trusted business finder