Fire crews called after main is accidentally drilled through at Kirby Close

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Firefighters were called to an Axminster housing estate today (Thursday) after reports that workmen had accidentally drilled through a gas main.

Appliances from Axminster and Colyton, along with a gas detector monitor from Middlemoor, were sent to the incident at Kirby Close at around 10am.

Crews confirmed that the gas main was leaking but were unable to take any action until the arrival of the gas company so they could isolate the main supply.

A gas engineer subsequently attended and isolated the supply, crews then made the area safe and stood by with firefighting equipment as a precaution.

0 comments

Webcams
Local Search 24 – North Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

Devon's trusted business directory