Fire destroys utility room in Monkleigh

11:00 30 January 2013

Archant

Three fire engines were scrambled to the scene in Hilton Road just before 7pm.

A UTILITY room was destroyed by fire yesterday evening (Tues) in Monkleigh.

Fire crews from Torrington and Bideford were scrambled to the scene in Hilton Road just before 7pm.

They discovered the fire in the ground floor utility room of a house and extinguished the fire wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reel jets.

The property was ventilated and the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Straitgate quarry plans aerial view

One of the UK’s leading suppliers of construction and infrastructure materials says it is looking to secure jobs in Ottery and East Devon, ahead of consultation meetings about its development of a new quarrying operation at Straitgate Farm.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:28
The Reverend Sam Connolly.

Tributes have been paid to ‘a wonderful mission man’ and Methodist minister, who was so popular that two services were held in his memory.

Read more
Yesterday, 12:11
Newton poppleford resident, Danielle Howlett, will be running this year's London Marathon. Ref shs 7475-07-15AW. Picture: Alex Walton

A youth worker from Newton Poppleford will finally have the chance to take part in one of the world’s most iconic races – after five years of trying to secure a place.

Read more
Yesterday, 09:00

Supermarket giant Tesco’s plans for Budleigh have been opposed by town planners.

Read more

Local Weather

Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain

max temp: 4°C

min temp: 6°C

Most Read News

Family Notices 24


Devon's trusted business finder