Chimney fire at Axminster

11:42 22 January 2013

Axminster fire station

Axminster fire station

Archant

Wood burning stove sparks blaze at house in Bonners Drive

Firefighters tackled a chimney blaze at a house in Axminster at around 6pm yesterday evening (Monday).

The incident, at Bonners Drive, involved a wood burning stove.

The crew extinguished the fire using a triple ladder extension, roof ladders, safety-at-height equipment and hose reels, along with a thermal imaging camera.

0 comments

Other News Stories

32 minutes ago
Hundreds lined Pilton's high street to say their final goodbyes to Green Man festival organiser Hamish Patrick

Hundreds of people lined Pilton Street today (Monday) to pay tribute to Green Man Festival organiser Hamish Patrick, who died earlier this month.

Read more
40 minutes ago
Beer bee Keeper. Ref shb 5969-39-14TI. Picture: Terry Ife

A Beer beekeeper hopes to generate a buzz about his hive with a short film and book.

Read more
Maynard Johns won first place.

PHOTOS: Town tells the tales of Storybook Christmas, with each window competing to be crowned the top window display in Bideford.

Read more
13:19
All prepared to enjoy the Budleigh Salterton Lions Christmas lunch on Saturday. Ref exb 3101-50-14. Picture: Simon Horn.

Elderly residents of Budleigh Salterton and the surrounding villages have again enjoyed a Christmas lunch thanks to the town’s lions club.

Read more

Local Weather

Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 11°C

min temp: 10°C

Most Read News

Devon�s trusted business finder